Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sam's Bookshelf

Sam is growing up. Hurts my heart a little - but my baby is becoming a toddler. His "nursery" wasn't reflecting this, so I've started to work on Sam's big boy room. The crib, rocking chair, and changing table remain, but we need to add a bookshelf, toy chest, and color! My cousin made a beautiful quilt for my baby shower - it's orange, blue, gray, green. I love the pop of orange it brings to the room, so we will focus on adding some additional orange accessories.

For now, the bookshelf. 

This bookshelf was in my old room at my parents. I asked if I could use it for Sam's room, and of course they said yes. I believe if I asked them for their entire house for Sam's benefit, they would say yes, of course. Such amazing and loving grandparents this boy has.


I primed it.


And ended up putting three coats of paint on it.


And, I made this! A new home for some stuffed friends and his growing book collection. Older boy books are on the top two shelves and his books are on the third shelf for easy access. His books are those thick, chunky, cardboard that are fairly indestructible. 
We'll save the older boy books until he isn't such a menace. No harming of books in this house.


I am so proud of myself! And Sam continues to amaze me. The night we placed it in his room he made his way over to the shelf and picked out Mortimer for bedtime reading. This little boy loves his Mortimer!!




2 comments:

  1. Good grief I will be sad the day Mortimer no longer works for him :) Also, love the giants gear up top. And love the rule of no book destruction in the Abrahamson house. A good cardinal rule.

    ReplyDelete