Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Props to Betty

Everyone loves a homemade treat. But I am going to keep it real and say sometimes, you would rather be playing with your 10-month old son or sitting on the couch enjoying a glass of wine than prepping, cooking, and cleaning in the kitchen.

When Sam's school asked for a dessert for an annual Thanksgiving dinner, the week after we had been prepping, cooking, and cleaning away for the baptism, I knew I had to call on my gal Betty. 



These bars are delicious! I highly recommend for a sweet treat - and they look more "fancy" than most out-of-the box mixes. I've made these for a few gatherings at Sam's schools here and also in Boston and they have always been a hit! 

I suggest using an 8x8 pan for best results. I've also made this line's Lemon Bars for a birthday party and everyone thought they were homemade. I didn't want to be rude and correct them - so I allowed them to roll with that thought...

Enjoy that glass of wine or playing with your kiddo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment