Friday, November 1, 2013

Sammy's First Halloween!

We celebrated our first Halloween in our new home with our baby gorilla. We were all so excited to be in our own house handing out candy and were so worried about the rain keeping our treaters away. I think G checked the front door over 5 times before our door bell started ringing.



King Kong and a poor group of bus tourists.

And King Kong after the spices.


We also realized we need to amp our Halloween decor game in future years - our pumpkins were  not doing the trick. Our neighbors had black lights, massive spiders hanging from windows, the works.

It's my last week of work - so after wrapping up a few last minute details via email, I raced to get Sam and get him home and into his costume. He was such a good sport in that costume!

We ended up with around 30-40 kids. The last few treaters got a good haul as I emptied our candy bin into their buckets. Get that stuff out of the house!

Baby Gorilla!

I went to bed in my Christmas PJs. Halloween is over and I am ready for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas! This weekend I hope to get our holiday stuff from the basement and start decorating. 

In addition to Halloween, it was quite a week! The Red Sox winning the World Series (!!!) - what a team. Sam also FaceTimed with his lady friend Maddie who is visiting in two weeks! We can't wait to see her - and her amazing parents. 


We are looking at a crazy weekend as always - including the announcement of my cousin's baby - Boy or Girl!?? My money is on boy - - we will see!



2 comments:

  1. cutest king kong ever! i can't wait to see pics of Maddie Raddie & Sammy Abrahammy reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when he makes that little smirky face. Thanks for the updates! LOVE the idea of going all out for Halloween decorations...I cannot wait to do that, too!

    ReplyDelete