Monday, November 4, 2013

Our Weekend

After Sam was born, G's boss said to him, "The weekend. It's a diamond." At first we laughed it off but really - each weekend is a diamond. I feel so blessed to have my boys and to be able to spend quality time with them.

Sam and I kicked off the weekend with a visit from the Pope's! I worked with Mama Pope at Northeastern. She is the mama to two beautiful babes - J who is 4.5 and L who is nearly 3 months. I held J when he was 3 weeks old - celebrated his first birthday - it's incredible to see this lil boy turning 5!





This past summer, the Popes also gifted Sammy ALL of J's hand-me-downs, from 6 months-12 months. It was one of the better days of my life. Piles and piles of clothes. Cute clothes. Burberry clothes. 

The visit was a good lesson for Mama Pope and I. One, I discovered what this house would be like with 3 children. Two, I discovered what this house would be like with a 5 year old boy. Our open floor plan makes for a perfect race track, as J ran around and around and around our first floor. Sammy just stared at him in utter wonder and amazement. Mama Pope discovered that while J is probably one of the sweetest big brothers EVER, he has a few things to learn about a growing baby. Like, don't leave a 9 month old baby alone on the couch. Sammy took a dive to the floor after he was placed on the couch by J. BOYS!

Saturday we headed to a my cousin's baby's gender reveal. We stopped at my parents to help them get on the road. Sam took a few moments to play in my walker from 1985. 





I was helping my Dad with my Mom - and the three of us erupted in giggles. I nearly peed my pants, my mom had snot running down her nose from laughing so hard. My dad attempted to stiffle his laughs but I know he was smiling. It was a memory I want to hold on to - even in the midst of doing not so fun things, we can laugh and enjoy one another.

The big moment... the gender reveal - - - It's a girl! Baby Eleanor Josie is due at the end of March! So excited to welcome the little lady and shop for a baby girl. 



Sam enjoyed some chicken and also took 3 steps!!! Apparently, I also dress Sam and I as twins. 


After church on Sunday we feasted on Cookie Jar donuts. Such a perk of moving to Maine. These donuts are just life changing. We visited Gram and Gramp, raked some leaves, visited with aunt Jo and headed back home. I then headed south, visited my former coworker at her shop Lively Kids {such an adorable store. wanted everything.} in Portsmouth and then grabbed dinner with her while the boys had guys night. Friday wrapped up my time at BU and the transition was tough. The dinner helped with closure.

This week, I am looking at unemployment! My to-do list is a mile long so I have plenty to occupy my time, but this is a strange, strange feeling. Our next weekend will be such a diamond - the Raddie's are headed north!!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun weekend!! I totally agree about the cookie Jar donuts! Heavenly! And I'm seeing this unemployment as an opportunity for lots of play dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I expect a trip to cookie jar donuts at the next visit. and 2. There's a reason diamonds are a girl's best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a girl! What a sweet name. And I love the twinnies stripes.

    ReplyDelete