Monday, November 25, 2013

Buffalo is Back!

Our annual girl's Thanksgiving took place this past weekend in Boston. This is our sixth year of gathering at my girlfriend's house, bringing our favorite recipe, wine, apps, snacks, dessert, and feasting while playing games and catching up. 




I made a new dish, sweet potatoes with Parmesan and pecans from Real Simple. The toasted pecans were super yummy atop the potatoes. An easy, flavorful side that accompanied our turkey "Buffalo", skillet cornbread, cream cheese mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, mac'n'cheese, stuffing, biscuits, salad. Wowzers. Whole lot of carbs - whole lot of goodness. 


Sometimes you just need some girlfriend time. It's good for the soul.
Yes, we are wearing matching t-shirts created for our annual feast.


A thank you to my wonderful pal La'Vie Jaime for letting me crash at her place, for sharing wine, lots of catch-up chit chat, and delicious sushi on Saturday night. 

This was my third night away from Sam in his 10-month old life. It's hard to be away from that lil Mister. He was missing me too - thanks to my old driver's license, he wasn't without a photo. 


I love this face. 


You may notice in the photo above that Sam has a nice bruise under his eye. He collided with the TV stand. He will have a nice black eye on his first Thanksgiving! These injuries happen when you have a WALKER on your hands.

Yes, Sam is officially walking! Not well, not all the time, but very frequently. About 6-8 steps before plopping down again. It's AMAZING to see this little boy grow. 

And he is growing. My 10-month old baby is currently in 18-month clothes. He wore his PUMA track suit to school - and is looking so big!





3 comments:

  1. Good grief that face. That track suit. That walking ability. Are you kidding me!? Where did your 11lb baby go!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks very Italian in that track suit....are you sure he's just going to daycare and not a "meeting"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently my name doesn't show up.....it's Colleen. Not some random stranger creeping on your beautiful family!!!

      Delete