Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blessed.

My hubby travels for work. It's not constant, but it is a lot. And I know it's a lot for him, and it's a lot for me. And we are determined to make it easy for Sam. Of course as he gets older he will miss his da-da, and we understand that and will need to find ways to navigate those times. 



But as G "read" Mortimer over speaker phone to Sam last week while he was away, and both Sam and I stared back and forth from the phone to the book that da-da "read", I know how blessed I am.

And another night when G got back from Boston and raced upstairs in his suit and thanked me for keeping Sam up to say goodnight; and Sam stood straight up and stared at his da-da after clasping his hands in front of his little body, his sweet face smiling with excitement, I know that I am blessed.

And when Sam cuddles up to his da-da for bed time books, I look over and my heart swells with happiness. And I know that I am blessed.

My husband spends more nights at home than he does away on business. He is not missing Sam's milestones, and he has been there beside me through the thick and the thin of bringing a babe into this world, including midnight feedings, early morning wake-ups, frustrations, joys, smiles, first steps and giggles.

My husband is making a difference in this world and I am so proud of the work that he does. I am so blessed to have an incredible partner and amazing father for my son, an example of hard work, commitment, and loyalty. We sleep soundly at night in warm beds with full tummies because he works so hard.

And, I am pretty lucky for a hubby who has memorized Mortimer so he can "read" it from Denver, or New York City, or along Interstate 95.


"Read" is in quotes because Mortimer has been permanently memorized. We read it every. single. night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment