Monday, November 18, 2013

Sam's Baptism

What a special weekend. My heart is full today and I am thankful to so many who made this weekend so wonderful. 




I am also exhausted. These events are hard work!

Sam and I kicked off our busy weekend with a visit to Grammy & Grampy's on Friday morning, followed by an epic grocery shop. Our cart was overflowing and when I looked down after Sam had thrown his toy on the ground for the 1000th time, I noticed he was missing a shoe. I had no idea where it went missing. I started to search the aisles and eventually asked a manager if a shoe had been turned in. He got his grocery manager on the case, who was walking up and down every aisle helping me look. Our paths crossed, and he asked if I was the one looking for the shoe. I said yes, and he reached into my cart where Sam's shoe was stuck in the bars of the grocery cart. 

My face was BRIGHT. RED. 

I am not (usually) so spastic - that's what planning and prepping will do to a girl!

Mr. and Mrs. A, Sammy's godparents, arrived on Friday night. We were up LATE chit-chatting - this is the first time we've seen them since their nuptials so we did a debrief of the wedding and puppy Oakley - who opened her eyes this weekend!

The five of us (well, four of us, Sam wasn't much help) spent Saturday prepping. Decorating cupcakes, baking casseroles, making muffins, creating bunting and favor tags. It was our own little factory.

Sunday was our big day! We arrived early to the parish hall to set up for the reception, attended mass, and then Sammy was baptized following the service. 


My beautiful boys.





I was so emotional through the baptism and felt so strong to be standing beside my husband and Sam's godparents. My cousin C, our family photographer, took beautiful photos for us. They are being edited now but she has shared a few, all of the photos on this post are from her.

More to come! Including our decor and menu.





2 comments:

  1. What special images these are already! Such a perfect capture of such a momentous day; a once in a lifetime day for the Sam man and gang :) His faces all day were just priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that little face!! look forward to seeing the decor and more pics by C!

    ReplyDelete