Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

The A's spent the weekend in one of my favorite places on Earth, the Samoset Resort in Rockland. I've been visiting the Samoset since I was younger than Sam! I was only a few weeks old the first time my parents and I made the drive "downeast". It's such a magical place and holds such special memories of my childhood. It is also one of the only things from my childhood that hasn't lost its spark. I think that means it's pretty special. So many things stop sparkling as we grow up.

The Samoset and Christmas. Two things still sparkling.

Hopefully, Sam will feel the same way about the Samoset for many years.


Sam was amped to be there! And out of the car. This guy has been a champ with road trips these past weekends.

After getting settled Friday night, we got an early start Saturday and headed to Camden. It's just lovely this time of year.

I tried to get a "Maine" shot of Sam next to a lobster trap, but homeboy wasn't down. He looked kinda drunk in every shot.


These next three shots are Sam in full flirt mode. He found a lady at the deli to make eyes with while Mom and Dad enjoyed some coffee. This is his new flirting move, arching his back. I feel like it's kind of, "Do you see what I can do??" thing??



How much is Sam looking like his da-da in this last shot??


We ate lunch at Cappy's, my favorite lil chowder house. We feasted on clam chowder, a lobster roll, and onion rings. The only things I could find on the menu for Sammy were a burger no bun (his first) and sweet potato fries, from which I tried to remove the fried-ness. Just sayin', it's no easy task to remove fried-ness from fries.


Gosh I just love this little smirk.


G and I were so excited to show Sam the oreo-cookie cows. He was not as impressed.

This shot is from G's camera. I love the filter on this one. And I love those oreo-cookie cows.

After Camden, we went back to the resort for a wine-tasting. Sam was so well behaved - we actually enjoyed the tasting! Then, Sam found a dog. Oh my goodness. He LOVED this pup. Loved him loved him loved him. Maybe it was the wine, but G and I left the event discussing the possibilities of getting a dog - we loved the smile the pup put on Sam's face.

And out of kismet, we get a text from Uncle K and Aunt A sharing their news - - they are awaiting the arrival of a Aussiedoodle pup! Seriously cute doggies. Pressure's off - now that they have a pup, we aren't feeling the pressure to get one. Philadelphia is a nice place for Sam's pup. {wink}

Tried to get a family shot. Fail.

And tried again. Sam wasn't impressed. At all. BORED.

Pretty gorgeous, no?

Love this one of me and my boy.


Had to leave ya with this gem. Sam discovers that in addition to his fingertips, straws fit up the nose too!

As much as we have enjoyed these last few weekends, we are so excited to be travel-free until December. These weekend wrap-ups are going to become much, much shorter.



3 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! Definitely starting to see a lot of Garrett in him!! Looks like a great weekend! Joey loves sweet potato fries too! Although he thinks the fried part is the best part;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Sam to meet our baby puppy. I hope they're best pals. Also, if a boy did that back bendy thing for me with flirty eyes at a deli....I think he'd have me. I think Sam's on to something here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah that last pic! love these shots- what a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete