Monday, October 21, 2013

We got boo'ed!

Didn't ever think I would be so excited about being booed.

After our epic road trip back from PA, we arrived home on Monday night to a small Halloween basket sitting on our front porch. It's contents contained two Shipyard Pumpkinheads, cocktail napkins, two children's Halloween books, a pumpkin sippy-cup, and small Halloween decor including gel stickers for the windows, a glittering spider, and mini-pumpkin decorations with tiny markers for coloring. How CUTE?

We got booed!




The next day we searched the neighborhood for others who may have been booed. Only one family - that we have NEVER met, on the street over from us. Suspicious! (Our neighborhood layout is like a giant H, but with two cross streets as opposed to just the one.)

We had to pass on the boo. I went to Christmas Tree Shop and put together a basket. I choose to boo a really cute family who has been very nice to us since our arrival. They are grandparents and retired teachers, and recently invited many neighbors over to their home for a fall potluck. I also have a suspicion they may be the ones who started the boo-ing, but I was excited to send something their way even if it started with them.

Here's my basket to the neighbors:



I filled their basket with pumpkin cupcake mix, fall-themed cupcake holders, leaf cookie cutters, "Happy Harvest" gel stickers, cocktail napkins, autumn potpourri, and this adorable lil' pumpkin that reminded me of them. 

G ran over in the dark of night (7pm) rang the doorbell and SPRINTED down the cross street to the other side of our neighborhood, then snuck in the back porch through a neighbors yard. So funny. I love this! I hope we get boo'ed again next year!

1 comment:

  1. How cute is this!!! I'm loving all your posts and wedding pictures. You guys are wonderful! I hope you get boo'ed every year.

    ReplyDelete