Monday, January 27, 2014

Prayers.


Looking for virtual prayers today and over the next few days. My dad will have his knee replaced early tomorrow morning. It has been giving him so much pain over the last few months so we are all looking forward to his relief.

Due to his surgery and rehabilitation, my mom will be placed in respite care, or a nursing home, until my dad is ready to head back to the home. It is very confusing, scary, and lonely for her, and takes a lot of gentle reminding as to why she is there and how long her stay is.

There is light at the end of the tunnel... but at the beginning of the tunnel, it's the dimmest, right? Mom will return to the home, dad's knee will rebuild and he will be out of pain. During dad's recovery and mom's stay, I need to remind myself to take one day at a time. My mom's sisters are continually supportive and present for both of my parents from answering questions, visiting, helping out. Words cannot express how thankful I am that I am not alone as I attempt to balance support for my parents.

Just gotta keep swimming. Just gotta keep trying. 

4 comments:

  1. I will be saying LOTS of prayers for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your family! And sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my copy of the dictionary, your picture is next to the word "courage." Remind me to send you a copy of mine sometime....

    ReplyDelete