Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

In the past four days, we've spent two feasting and two dressed in jammies. All day long, in PJ's. Delightful. 

We spent Thanksgiving Day with family - the meal was absolutely delicious - impressive when you are eating with 25 adults and children. Yes, that's right. 25! I could not imagine hosting 25 people at my house but my Gram does it year after year. The kitchen is lined with crock pots filled with vegetables and potatoes. I was asked to make a green bean casserole and also made kugel, a traditional Jewish casserole, as Thanksgiving coincided with Hanukkah this year. 

We wrapped up the day with desserts at my aunt's. Sam was so good all day - smiling, laughing, WALKING. 

On Saturday, we headed to my parents for Thanksgiving Part Deux. This tradition started years ago when it was just my mom, dad, and me. We have a mini-Thanksgiving meal with our own turkey, taters, veggies, stuffing, the works. When you do not host the meal, you don't get any leftovers! Through this tradition we get quality time AND leftovers.

Here are some photos of our weekend. 

Sam's first Thanksgiving Day.
It's become increasingly difficult to get a photo of this boy. He is always on the move.




Day after turkey. While we got Sam dressed he caught up on some emails.
Don't worry - I wasn't abandoning him on the changing table. Less than six inches away.


Boys watched the Bruins & Rangers game. 


While I made chocolate chip cookies. The only way to get even more cozy when you are in your PJ's all day is to bake a sweet treat! 
  

These two. Spent all of our Thanksgiving meal part deux just giggling at each other.

He certainly knows how to make himself at home at Gram and Gramps!

For an active little guy, he always takes some time to sit with his Gram. Sweet boy.
Or, maybe he just wants to drive her chair!

Attempted a family shot. No luck!

On Saturday we turned on to our street and this house was glowing. GLOWING. This photo doesn't do it justice - it's lit up brighter than a Christmas tree. This neighborhood certainly gets into the spirit of things!


Sunday - Watching football and reading books. I love Sam's face while reading Peekaboo Baby!

Sunday was an odd one - a mystery smell from the fridge that was luckily discovered - don't ask!, a malfunctioning smoke alarm, and a bad cut from the blade of our food processor wrapped up the day. This week we are prepping for another airplane ride and a visit to Nana & Grandad's! Here we come!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet. Love me a good jammie day. Sorry someone got hurt in the food processor....those things are little magical devils. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Have Sam practice his phone skills for me. Maybe he can teach me a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We see you in two days! TWO DAYS.

    And food processors are evil, but make latke-making so so so much easier. I completely agree with your "magical little devils" comment.

    ReplyDelete