Monday, December 30, 2013

Sam's First Christmas

Here are some snippets of our first Christmas with Sam.... Lots of photos - be prepared!


This was our first Christmas Eve mass not at St. John's, as it closed in September. St. John's was a three minute walk from my grandparents, and each year we would meet at my gram and gramps' and then walk over to mass together. It was just MAGIC. I LOVED being surrounded by my cousins and family on this joyous night. The tradition was a highlight of my childhood, and then seeing my cousin's children in such excitement for Christmas Eve became such a highlight of my adulthood. It bums me out that Sam will not spend his Christmas masses at St. John's. 
We attended Holy Cross which is the church I grew up in; where there are many familiar faces from extended family and friends.
As we arrived at 3pm for a 4pm mass in order to get a seat, I knew that it wouldn't end well for Sam. He lasted from 3-4:20pm and then took a snooze with dad in the back of the church.


We spend Christmas Eve at my grandmother's. She serves an absolutely delicious seafood lasagna. Sam was dressed in his finest! I love his lil bow tie!

Get ready for some cuteness!


Look at lil M and A snuggling on the couch reading books! I feel like this is a vintage holiday card - especially with the TV guide book on the coffee table!


Can't stand the cuteness.


Sam was loving on those Christmas balls and just wanted to pick them up and throw them so badly.

Sam on Christmas morning. Guess he got into the eggnog the night before...


Not too excited for new presents from Santa. He went right over to his old toys after his bottle, asking me to read him a Mickey book by shoving it in my face.


Santa purchased this learning-walker in late September to help Sam get walking. Silly Santa - Sam started walking at the end of October! He still loves the buttons and peek-a-boo cow.


He also decided that Christmas was the PERFECT time to get over the fear of the tree and attack all ornaments within arm's reach.


Christmas morning nap to face the day.


In the middle of the craziness and absolutely loving it.

Sam was up and out WAY past his bedtime (until 9pm!) both Christmas Eve and Christmas day. He did such a great job. We had a really nice Christmas with new traditions, though Sam was more interested in the k-cups that Santa left in my stocking than his own gifts!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great Christmas! Love Sam's little face especially his "I'm so unimpressed with my presents" face! Joey loved that learning walker! If I hadn't packed it up before Christmas he'd probably still be playing with it! I bet Sam will get lots of use out of that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great first xmas for sammy! i love those picks of M & A reading and Sam looking on- too cute.

    ReplyDelete