Thursday, September 26, 2013

What's in a name?

My name is not Tallulah. 

In my years of reading blogs, I have always thought about what I'd like to title my own lil piece of the blogosphere. I read the cutest blogs with the cutest names and marvel at their creativity - both in posts and blog name.

I am not so creative when it comes to words. But, there is a nickname that has made its way around my family and I think it is adorable, so this blog is an homage to Tallulah.

My Gramps always called my Gram, "Tallulah" - I am not sure where this came from. Her actual name is Barbara. The nickname would be used when he was "annoyed" with my Gram, as in, "Tallulah made me stop at the Farmer's Market again yesterday," or "Come on, Tallulah" as my Gram began yet another conversation with yet another random person in yet another random store. 

Maybe he was actually annoyed. He probably was. But we all knew how much my Gramps loved my Gram and now, to me, Tallulah is associated with quirks. Loving someone completely and unconditionally that their lil quirks just make you love them even more. I imagine that through this blog, a few of my own quirks will be exposed.

My grandparents raised 6 (SIX!) children. Those children went on to give my grandparents 12 grandchildren. And the family continues to grow, now with 10 great-grandchildren. For now, my babe is the youngest of these ten.

My baby boy with Tallulah at her 80th birthday party: 





1 comment: