Thursday, July 31, 2014

Make him a Good Man in a Storm.

This blog post was recently shared via a blog I follow and really touched me. It is beautifully written, and I was a sobbing mess by the end of it! Not a surprise to most, as my bladder is close to my eye.

I can fall into the selfishness of being a parent - focusing on Sam's impact on MY life, for the positive and for the negative. I appreciated the reminder this blog provided, of my JOB - to prepare him for his life. 

Of course, I do this in the "little" ways, right? Ensuring there is a meal for him that is fairly healthy, that he is safe when playing outside, that he wears a jacket when its cold. I ensure this by researching schools, daycares, and doctors until my eyes are blurry because I only want him to have "the best."

Sam is my entire life. And I am his mother, I am just the beginning of his life. There are so many days ahead that I can't prepare for, can't protect. But, boy, do I pray, and boy, does that little one know how much he is loved.




I love the prayer that she shares in the post... 

Lord, make him a man among men. A leader among leaders. Make him strong, resilient, brave, loving, and humble. Make him a good man in a storm.



And this quote:

I am responsible for teaching my son to love others and serve others as best as possible. I am responsible for teaching him to respect those around him. I am responsible for raising a son who will grow into a man who will love a partner and may raise children to carry on our family legacy. I am responsible for laying the foundation. I will hold his past, and with you comes his future.
(I did paraphrase this slightly.)

Thank you, fellow momma, for this reminder of my job! From
http://thedomesticfour.com/2014/07/12/to-my-future-daughter-in-law/

No comments:

Post a Comment