Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sam's First Beach Day

This past Sunday we celebrated a first - Sam's first trip to the beach! I can't believe it has taken this long for us to get him there!

Last summer, he was not allowed to wear sunscreen until he was 6 months old, and he didn't turn 6 months until the middle of July. I was PETRIFIED to bring him to the beach without any sunscreen on, thinking that if I covered him up he would be too hot, or he would somehow suffer an awful burn! Once he turned 6 months, we were in full-on packing and moving mode and didn't have time to get to the beach.

After this weekend's bridal shower, everyone was HOT. It was 85 and "felt like" 91. We tried to get Sam to nap but he wasn't having it - so I said, ok, we are taking a walk on the beach! What I thought would be a 20 minute walk turned into a 2 hour adventure - - with no towels, no snacks, no extra diapers, no toys. Just my boys and I and a whole lotta laughs.



Sam grabbed my bag and was ready to go! We were smart enough to put him in his bathing suit, thankfully.


Just some light reading on the way to the beach.


One of Sam's favorite places - on his da-da's shoulders!






It wasn't long until he was IN.


A little boy came over to give us some sea gull feathers. When I politely declined them, he placed them on Sam's head and ran away. Sam and I had similar reactions to this occurrence.


My guys.


Cooling down with momma.


With mom's surgery fast approaching and the summer looking hectic, I am hopeful that this will not be our only trip to the beach... but if it is, it was surely absolutely perfect.

4 comments:

  1. ha i love his face in those 2 pics!! such a cutie. he will become a beach/water baby in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this post!!! Sweetest fam pic ever too!! And love the shoes, aren't they great?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes are awesome!! Perfect for the summer. Thank you for them!

      Delete
  3. I love his little reading the book face. He's such a little man :)

    ReplyDelete