Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

Yesterday, Sam and I were up early and putting the finishing touches on our Father's Day gifts for G. It was a GREAT and super productive day, and I loved spending it with my lil family, my parents, and then my extended family at GG's!



We are blessed with some strong, kind, compassionate, loving, selfless, and loyal men in our lives. My dad is truly one of a kind, to see the love and respect my husband has for his father is incredibly heart-warming, and my godfather has been an integral part of my entire life. Sam was named for his paternal great-grandfathers, to honor them but also our hope that he carries the qualities that made those two men so special to us.

This is my hubby's second Father's Day. I have fallen more in love with my husband since the day we brought Sam into this world and G became a father. I didn't know I could love him even more, but I did, and I do. G, you are an amazing father and Sam is so blessed to have you in his life. It has been such a joy to watch the two of you together - snuggling, ruffling, playing ball, reading books, hanging out like guys.


January 11, 2013 - the day after Sam was born, when I was finally able to come to and take a picture of my boys!

Long ago I read a quote that reads, "Don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him." G, your mini-me is exactly like you and it makes this momma so proud, so happy, and so in love with the two of you!


"It is not flesh and blood, but heart that makes us fathers and sons."









First Father's Day - 2013, Boston Harbor 











"A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society."

Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet post! glad it was a nice day. Sammy is growing up to fast...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!! Hope G had a great day! Crazy to see Sam grow in the past year and a half!!

    ReplyDelete